People are always quick to share with me which hymn or chorus is their personal favorite. Everyone has a favorite. Remember those old time pick a hymn nights? Got to love the teenagers picking "Jesus Loves Me" and thinking they're real clever.
If we have a favorite Christian song, it stands to reason for us to have a least favorite. But something about having a least favorite worship song seems unspiritual. Might that be the unpardonable sin?
I don't think so. Bottom line is some Christian songs (like any other type of song) flat out stink. "All scripture is inspired by God." Doesn't say anything about songs. So click here to read a rare article about bad worship songs. There are a ton of comments for you to read. Some will induce a chuckle.
Off the top of my head, here are 5 worship songs (be they hymns or choruses) I won't ever sing in heaven:
1) The Lily of the Valley (ugh!)
2) God of Earth and Outer Space (bless the astronauts as they fly....)
3) I Will Dance Like David Danced (love the story, hate the song)
4) The Church in the Wildwood (get it out of my head!)
5) What a Mighty God We Serve / We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise (same key, same first letter, same number of words in the title, same annoying result)
Thanks for reading. I promise to post something more edifying next time.